Mission & Vision
To provide learning centered educational programs and career development opportunities for healthcare students in support of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services.
To be a model learning centered educational system providing a continuum and breadth of education and professional development to promote health in the Los Angeles community.
To guide us in achieving our mission and vision we believe:
- Education is an indispensable component of high quality and safe patient-centered care
- Education is a dynamic, life long process that promotes and maximizes both personal and professional development
- Our priority is to respond to the educational needs of our students, the LA General Medical Center, Health Services, and the community
- Learning activities that provide for freedom of inquiry, self-discovery, and sharing of ideas are conducive to individual growth
- The teaching-learning process is a reciprocal relationship between learner and teacher, which maximizes learner autonomy, and is effective when the achievement of learning outcomes is demonstrated
- The climate of learning is enhanced when the dignity and worth of individuals with different abilities, learning styles, support systems’ needs, and cultural and ethnic backgrounds are recognized
- Ongoing evaluation of our performance and openness to change are essential as programs grow, technology improves, the student needs change and learning methods evolve
- Teamwork promotes flexibility, collaboration, innovation, and networking
- Integrity, professionalism, and respect are inherent to our relationships with each other, our students, our partners, and the community
- Fiscal responsibility is vital to ensuring the maximum benefit from DHS resources.