H. Claude Hudson Comprehensive Health Center
The H. Claude Hudson Comprehensive Health Center (H. Claude Hudson CHC) has provided high-quality, culturally sensitive health care services to the community of South Los Angeles, since 1979. H. Claude Hudson CHC evolved from a long history of providing healthcare to the community. In 1910, the facility was founded as Methodist Hospital of Southern California. In 1955, it was renamed to John Wesley Hospital, which was replaced with H. Claude Hudson Comprehensive Health Center in 1979. The facility’s name recognizes a civil rights pioneer, community leader, and prominent businessman. H. Claude Hudson CHC celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2019. For over four decades, H. Claude Hudson CHC has maintained a passionate commitment to advancing the health and well being of the patients, families and the community we serve.