Prepare for Your Video Visit
Watch Video – English
Watch Video – Spanish
Your health care team looks forward to SEEING you!
Video Visit Help Line: If you need help preparing for your video visit, you can text us at (213) 288-8899. The video visit help line is open Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (closed on holidays). This phone number is for text messages only and cannot receive phone calls. For assistance on weekends, holidays or after 8:00 PM, you may call the patient technical support center at (866) 889-9258.
Here are a few important tips to make sure you have a successful visit with your healthcare team:
BE ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. Give yourself plenty of time to find a quiet, secure place with an Internet connection to conduct the video visit. If you need to cancel or re-schedule your appointment, please call the appointment line HERE. If you are late, you may have to reschedule.
- In order to participate in a video visit with LA Health Services, you must be physically located within the state of California at the time of the visit. For additional instructions and the Conditions of Use for a video visit with your LA Health Services provider, click on either the link for English or Español.
WRITE DOWN YOUR QUESTIONS. Our doctors and nurses are here to answer your questions. By using the Video Visit tool to talk with your health care team, you will learn about your diagnosis and treatments, which can improve your health.
TEST YOUR DEVICE. To make your appointment process easy, you can test your device connection by clicking HERE. It is best to do this 1-2 days before your appointment so that any problems can be fixed and your visit is not delayed. Please refer to the English and Spanish list of your minimum device requirements. Please review these to make sure your device can perform the video visit. Please look at our English and Spanish troubleshooting guides if you are having difficulty connecting to your video visit.
If you will be joining your video visit with an Apple phone or tablet, we suggest for you to:
- Use a Bluetooth device or wired headphones. If you do not have either,
- Download the AW Touchpoint app. You can download the AW Touchpoint app from the Apple store before your video visit. If you will be joining your video visit from a link sent to your phone, you can also download the AW Touchpoint app after clicking on the video visit link.
You will receive your link to join the video visit in the way you requested when your appointment was scheduled.
- LA Health Portal – If you requested to join your visit through the LA Health Portal, your video visit link will become active 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Text/SMS – If you requested to join your visit by a link sent to you through text, your mobile device will receive that link within 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Email – If you requested to join your visit by a link sent to you through e-mail, you will receive an email with the link within 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please check the “spam” or “clutter” inbox as emails can be sent to there.
- ***Please be aware that all group class invitations can only be accessed via text or email, and can not be accessed through the LA Health Portal.
Video Visit tips
- If you get disconnected during your video visit, you can click on the “Reconnect Call” button OR you may also click on your initial link to rejoin your visit.
- Do not hang up until you have been told to do so by your nurse or doctor.
- Did you know that you can share the link sent to you with friends or family if you would like for them to join you during your visit!
- Do not stand in front of a window (with your back to the window) because that will make it harder for your healthcare team to see you. You can stand in front of the window if you are facing the window or if there is a light in front of you.
Call right away if you need to cancel. This allows the doctor to see someone else.