Who We Are – Medical Hubs
The Los Angeles County Medical Hub Clinics provide high quality, coordinated health care for children who are involved with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
The Medical Hubs offer:
- Compassionate care by medical providers who understand the needs and concerns commonly experienced by children, families and caregivers in the child welfare system;
- Services for children in all stages of DCFS involvement, including medical assessments of suspected child abuse or neglect, comprehensive medical exams for children entering out-of-home care, and ongoing well-child care and sick visits.
- Linkages to pediatric specialty care for children with complex medical needs;
- Board-certified child abuse pediatricians and child interview specialists with extensive training in assessing suspected child abuse and neglect;
- Close coordination with DCFS Children’s Social Workers and Public Health Nurses and the Department of Mental Health, to ensure that identified health, mental health and developmental needs are addressed.
Generally, to be seen at a Medical Hub clinic, the child must be referred by DCFS or a law enforcement agency. Additionally, patients may be referred from community pediatricians, hospital clinics, pediatric emergency departments, or inpatient units.