Community Liaison is an auxiliary branch of HFH Administration that promotes our commitment to the well-being and fair treatment of program participants. This team receives program participant grievances related to housing and support services provided by HFH staff and/or contracted service providers and mediates with necessary parties until resolution is achieved.
To allow current Housing For Health (HFH) program participants the option to exercise their right to file a grievance (or complaint) which is an expression of dissatisfaction about their experience of services received from HFH staff or Contracted Service Provider.
Under this policy, a program participant has the right to file a complaint and reach resolution.
- A program participant may file a grievance at any time and may authorize another person to act on their behalf, should they experience unfair, unjust, inequitable treatment/services or dissatisfaction with decisions/outcomes concerning them.
- The grievance process shall not interfere in any way with the participant’s status with HFH programs and services.
- Program participants will not be retaliated, discriminated against, or receive any other penalty or punitive action for exercising their right to file a grievance.
HFH Contracted Service Providers are required to have a grievance process, posted visually in common areas within their facility, and shall abide by these minimum grievance policies and procedure standards, which shall include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the service provider’s policies and procedures with the participant during the intake/orientation process.
- Program participants should sign an acknowledgement of the agency’s policies and procedures and be provided with a copy of the signed documents.
- Contracted Service Providers will document all participants who are unwilling and or unable to sign the documents.
A program participant should submit a grievance in the following sequence:
- Address the concern with your Contracted Service Providers staff, e.g., case manager, program manager or program director.
- File your grievance directly with your Contracted Service Providers and complete their entire grievance process.
- If the Contracted Service Provider is unable or does not satisfactorily complete the grievance process with you, then contact our Community Liaison at (213) 547-0826 or email@example.com.
- The Community Liaison will initiate an investigation within two (2) business days, contact you, and attempt to resolve the grievance between the parties involved.