Volunteer Opportunities at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
Rancho Los Amigos (Rancho) Volunteer & Support Services Department (V&SSD) seeks to build a strong, healthy, and engaged volunteer program for short and long-term assignments. Reward yourself and make a difference in the lives of others by becoming a Rancho volunteer. Our volunteers gain experience while providing support to many departments and services throughout the hospital. We will match your experience, knowledge, and interests with the needs of our patients, departments, and services.
- Complete a personal background / fingerprinting and reference check
- Complete facility and department orientation
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Be in good health, dependable, and have a strong desire to serve others.
- Are required to comply with HIPAA and Confidentiality policies.
All volunteers are asked to maintain a positive, cheerful attitude, be sensitive towards others, and be willing to learn and grow.
Departments Accepting Volunteers
- Gift Shop
- Occupational Therapy
- Phlebotomy Lab
- Physical Therapy
- Recreation Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Special Events and Projects
Duties of Volunteers
- Answering phones
- Arranging and cleaning equipment
- Escorting patients to and from appointments
- Greeting patients and visitors
- Preparing forms
- Record keeping/filing
- Running errands and relaying messages
Assignments are made based on the need of the departments and the interest of the volunteer. Schedules are available for morning and afternoon. After some additional training, evening or weekend assignment may be requested.
V&SSD work very close with the volunteers and their assigned department to monitor the volunteer’s performance. All volunteers are required to meet and follow the facility’s policies and procedures covered in the Rancho Orientation/Reorientation Handbook. Volunteers with low performance and high absenteeism may be released from his/her volunteer assignment.
If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, contact the Volunteer and Support Services Department.
Phone: (562) 385-7651