Since In-Custody claims are paid at a low rate, additional funding will be included from the Under–insured bucket when payment is issued to the trauma centers for In-Custody Claims.
1.What are the procedures if payment is received for In-Custody Claims?
- Do not submit claim if payment is received for In-Custody Claim
- Update the TEMIS database to indicate Payor 1 as In-Custody.
- TEMIS will capture the data for claims considered In Custody.
2.What are the procedures if no-payment is received on In-Custody claims?
- Submit claim if payment is not received for In-Custody Claim
- Include a copy of the denial letter from law enforcement or
- The patient notes which indicate the reason why the claim was denied.
- The TEMIS database should indicate Payor 1 as County Indigent.