The 36th annual Productivity and Quality Awards Program ceremony was held on October 18, 2023 at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. The theme this year was Rising to the Extraordinary. In attendance were countywide representatives who, in their respective capacities, work toward improving the services rendered to our communities throughout our various departments and units.
This year, the Department of Health Services (LA Health Services) was the proud recipient of three awards in the Top Ten category. Two of the awards were led by LA Health Services. The Comprehensive Cancer Navigation Program helps patients facing a cancer diagnosis with vital resources, support and information. The other Top Ten winner led by LA Health Services was Sickle Cell Lives Matter, which offers specialized treatment for patients with Sickle Cell Disease that dramatically improve quality of life, reduce hospitalization, and reduce the likelihood of severe health outcomes. LA Health Services was also honored for Increasing Access to COVID-19 Therapeutics, led by the Department of Public Health, in partnership with LA Health Services, Kaiser Permanente, Mercy Pharmacy Group, and Pico Care Pharmacy.
LA Health Services received recognition for projects led by Health Services and for projects where Health Services served as a collaborator.
The highest award, the Gold Eagle was awarded to:
- Youth at Work at Parks – led by Economic Opportunity with Parks and Recreation
The second highest award, the Silver Eagle was awarded to:
- The CHOI Story: Healthcare Navigation for Families – led by the Department of Public Health with Public Social Services, Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc., Child and Family Guidance Center, City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services, Dignity Community Care, Emanate Health, Human Services Association, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Los Angeles Unified School District, Maternal and Child Health Access, Rising Communities, Inc., and St. Francis Medical Center-Prime Healthcare
The third highest award, the Bronze Eagle was awarded to:
- Claim Your Cash – Increase Tax-Credit Uptake – led by the Chief Executive Office with Aging and Disabilities, Consumer and Business Affairs, Economic Opportunity, Public Social Services, Economic Security Project, Koreatown Youth + Community Center, LA City’s Community Investment for Families Department, and PHFE Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program
In addition, LA Health Services was recognized for various projects.
- Special Merit Plaque Awards: distinguishes meritorious accomplishment of special projects or programs that successfully fulfill departmental and County objectives.
- “GAINSeq: Genetics Access for Underserved Patients” – Health Services Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, Pediatrics
- “Kids Do Better When We Work Together” – Health Services Olive View-UCLA Medical Center and High Desert Pediatrics
- “Denying Denied Days at Augustus Hawkins” – Health Services Augustus F. Hawkins Mental Health Center
- “Healing Broken Hearts” – Health Services Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center / Internal Medicine / Cardiology
- Traditional Plaque Award: recognizes commendable achievements in public service.
- “Guardians of the Ranch” – Health Services Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
- “Addiction & Community Medicine” – Health Services LA General Medical Center
- “Enterprise Patient Queuing System (QMATIC)” – Health Services IT Planning and Administration
- “Stopping Unplanned Extubations: 20 Years Later” – Health Services Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Pediatrics
- “Increasing Access to Hysteroscopy Across DHS” – Health Services Administration
- Certificates of Recognition: Pays tribute to those programs deserving honorable mention:
- “Increasing RN Retention by Meaningful Recognition” – Health Services LA General Cardiothoracic ICU
- “DHS Genetics and Genomic Optimization Program” – Health Services Administration
- “Annual DHS Diabetes Day” – Health Services Diabetes / Endocrinology Workgroup
- “MRI on Patients with Implantable Cardiac Devices” – Health Services Administration
- “DHS Dermatology Expansion and Optimization Program” – Health Services Administration
- “Housekeepers Increase Positive Patient Experiences” – Health Services Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
- “Empowered Patients Driving Quality and Equitable Care” – Health Services LA General Medical Center with PFCC Partners Programs
- “DHS Leadership Development Program” – Health Services Leadership Development Program
- “The Side Effect Ninjas” – Health Services Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center Outpatient Clinics
- “Radiology Optimization and Backlog Reduction” – Health Services Administration
Projects where DHS is a Collaborator:
- Commissioners’ Legacy Award: “Reproductive Health in Substance Use Treatment” – Department of Public Health with Health Services
- Certificate of Recognition: “LAC+USC Forced Sterilization Project” – Arts & Culture with Health Services LA General Medical Center
Congratulations to all the winners!
The program and videos of the event can be viewed here.