National Nurses Week is always celebrated between National Nurses Day on May 6 and Florence Nightingale’s birthday on May 12, and acknowledges the contributions of individuals who perform some of the most difficult and personal tasks in health care.
Eleven nurses across LA County were recognized as Nurse of the Year. There was an event on May 4th to recognize and appreciate nurses at the Community Foundation. Supervisor Lindsey Horvath was an invited speaker.
We are especially proud of the LA Health Services (DHS) Nurses who were recognized for their unrelenting commitment to our patients:
- Yvette Burns – Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
- Jerlon Burton – Ambulatory Care Network
- Jane Heng – Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
- Sara Mejia – LA General Medical Center
- Bamitale Oseni – Juvenile Court Health Services
- Sara Rasnake – Emergency Medical Services
- Tsuiling Tsai – Correctional Health Services
- Jessica Tung – Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Congratulations to them and thank you to all of our DHS nurses for your hard work and dedication to our patients.