On October 31, 2023, LA Health Services held its first annual Innovation, Dedication and Excellence in Ambulatory Care (IDEA) awards at the California Endowment. This event was a celebration of our teams’ most outstanding efforts to improve care delivery across ambulatory settings. Over 200 people attended.
The day was focused on recognizing our teams and included two inspirational speakers, Dr. Alen Voskanian and Dr. Read Pierce, who highlighted the importance of gratitude on our personal and professional wellbeing and reclaiming the joy of medicine. In the afternoon, our keynote speaker, Dr. Mark Ghaly, Secretary of California Health and Human Services, spoke about the state of public healthcare in California and how LA Health Services has led many of the innovative programs now being implemented across the state. The event continued with the exciting IDEA Awards ceremony recognizing the 24 project finalists and awarded the Mission, Vision and Values awards.
The 2023 IDEA Award winners are:
- Mission Award:
- Specialty Care Linkage Team – Enhancements to Patient Outreach and Reporting
- Vision Award:
- Nurse Advice Line
- Welcoming Award:
- DHS Cancer Navigation Team – Improving Outcomes, Advancing Equity, and Reducing Disparities in Cancer Care
- Inclusive Award:
- LA General Primary Care – Improving Trauma-Informed Depression Care for Spanish-Speaking Patients in Primary Care
- Compassionate Award:
- DHS Behavioral Health Integration Teams – Food Rx Collaborative
- Excellent Award:
- LA General Specialty Care – Improvement in Specialty Access at LA General Medical Center
- Innovative Award:
- DHS Genetics and Genomics Workgroup – Advancing Equity and Reducing Disparities in Care by Expanding Access to Genetic and Genomic Testing
- Accountable Award:
- QIP Measure Team – Increasing HIV-Screening Rates at LA Health Services
Thank you to all the LA Health Services workforce members who submitted applications and to those who participated in the event. For more information about the 24 projects, please contact Norma Casas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to all the winners!
Next year’s IDEA awards will take place on Friday, October 11, 2024.