Our Vision & Philosophy
Our vision is to be at the leading edge of the nursing profession, to strive for excellence in nursing practice, and to be an employer of choice for the nursing professional in Los Angeles County and Southern California.
The framework for professional nursing practice at each of our facilities is based on the principles of quality patient care, customer service, staff satisfaction, staff development, and career advancement.
Our highly skilled professional nurses provide care through collaboration with members of the health care team and through partnerships with our communities.
Nursing is committed to improving the health and well-being of individuals, families and the communities we serve through leadership, service and education. These goals are achieved through:
- Integration of professional standards into our policies and standards of nursing practice.
- Incorporating data based on research and benchmarks into our nursing practice and participating in research activities to enhance nursing's body of knowledge.
- Developing a nursing workforce that encourages critical thinking and independent decision - making to enhance professional nursing practice.
- Creating and promoting a work environment that fosters collaboration and respect for cultural diversity.
- Partnering with our patients, families, and other members of the health care team to ensure their involvement in the care coordination process throughout the continuum of care.
- Respecting the rights of patients and families and demonstrating sensitivity to the religious, ethical, and cultural beliefs of our diverse patient population.
- Developing systems and processes to promote a proactive approach to the ever-changing demands and shifting priorities in our health care environment.
- Becoming actively involved in professional associations and community outreach programs.
- Recognizing the achievements of our nursing workforce.
Translation in progress.....