Volunteer Services Department
Phone Number: (747) 210-3074 – Fax: (747) 210-3264
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Volunteer at Our Hospital
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center volunteers play a key role in our caring healthcare team. Volunteers provide thousands of service hours each year to Olive View hospital and help support our patient care mission. Consider the many ways you can make a difference through volunteering.
Volunteering provides an exceptional opportunity to take an active role in your community, build skills, make a difference, and explore career opportunities. Countless volunteers have gone on to pursue careers in the healthcare field as a result of their volunteer experience. Most volunteer shifts are flexible to your schedule. You will be eligible to receive a letter of recommendation and documentation of community service after the completion of 50 hours of service.
Benefits of Volunteering
Make a Difference – Helping others is one of the most rewarding experiences.
Gain Experience – Volunteering exposes volunteers to multiple healthcare careers. Colleges and Universities often consider an applicant’s experience as a volunteer.
Meal Ticket – Is provided after four hours of service daily.
Medical Center functions – Volunteers may attend various events, including the Annual Volunteer Banquet, holiday parties, special fairs and events.
Discount Tickets – Volunteers may purchase discount tickets through the March of Dimes coordinator to theme parks, Sporting Events, Movie Theatres and other area attractions.
Educational programs/Health Screenings – Many health and wellness programs are offered at no cost to volunteers.
These are just some of the duties performed by our volunteers:
• Assist Discharge Unit with wheelchair transport
• Running errands
• Assist with most clerical needs
• Deliver reading material to In-patient areas from our complementary Book Cart
|Volunteer Opportunities are available in the following areas:|
How do I become a volunteer?
There are a few steps you must take to become a volunteer:
1. Apply on-line
2. You will be invited to attend an Interview with the Volunteer Director
3. Make appointment for Live Scan with Volunteer Office
4. When Live Scan clears make appointment for T.B testing
5. When volunteer office receives your I.D. Badge you will be invited for a 90 minute orientation
6. Meet with the Volunteer Director to be placed in an area of your interest.
Please be advised that while we are currently accepting applications, it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to complete the application process before you may actually begin volunteering.
- Application for Adult Volunteers
- Application for Junior Volunteers
- Code of Conduct Booklet
- Code of Conduct Test
- Non-County Electronic On-Line Form Fillable Forms
- Non County Printable Forms Packet
- Privacy and Confidentiality Handbook Test