MHLA is continuing to prepare for the transition of its participants who are 50 years and older. We have a few updates on the transition that we wanted to share with you all:
- Disenrollments: We will only be doing two waves of group disenrollments. The first group of MHLA participants — those who are already in restricted scope Medi-Cal – will be disenrolled by May 1. The second group will be disenrolled by August 1.
- Restricted Scope: Please keep enrolling your MHLA participants in restricted scope Medi-Cal. Here are some organizations that can help with enrollment if you need help: Click here.
- Communications: We have sent the first letter to MHLA participants eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal and are also sending a robocall and a text. We added some information to the MHLA website and will be adding more over the next several weeks.
- Specialty care: Once MHLA participants are disenrolled, they will not be eligible for specialty care through DHS. As the transition date approaches, please consider whether to submit an eConsult or connect your MHLA participants with your specialty care network.
- State: The Department of Health Care Services is sending its first notice and FAQ March 1-11 to everyone on restricted Medi-Cal.
- Webinar: We will be holding a webinar for MHLA CPs on March 10 at 2 p.m. to share additional information. Here is the information about the meeting:
Thank you for helping ensure a smooth transition for MHLA participants!