In recognition of the recent Antibiotic Awareness Week (Nov. 18-24), MHLA is proud to highlight the antibiotic educational resources developed by our Pharmacy Administrator, Ventegra. Ventegra’s Antibiotic Awareness Program provides education on the importance of appropriate antibiotic use and the impact on antibiotic resistance. The Ventegra team has also identified and curated resources on the topic. Please visit the Ventegra Antibiotic Awareness Resource Center to access this timely information, which includes frequently asked questions and the following resources:
- Antibiotics Aren’t Always the Answer
- Are Antibiotics Needed for My Child’s Runny Nose?
- Appropriate Use of Short Course Antibiotics in Common Infections
- Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship for Healthcare Professionals
- CDC COCA webinar: What Clinicians, Pharmacists, and Public Health Partners Need to Know about Antibiotic Prescribing and COVID-19
Thank you as we work together in this public health fight to promote the proper use of antibiotics.