Whole Person Care - Los Angeles (WPC-LA)
Perinatal High-Risk Programs
Overview: MAMA’S Visits is a healthcare and support program for pregnant and parenting mothers. MAMA’s Visits, an extension of MAMA’S Neighborhood, uses a Mobile Care Team (MCT) to offer comprehensive, coordinated and compassionate home-or community-based care management that is personalized to support low income pregnant and parenting mothers who have complex, stressful life issues. These stressful issues can make a mother’s pregnancy difficult, a baby be born too early or too small, it hard for a mother and baby to recover after birth, and it slower for a baby to grow and develop normally. With regular and supportive doctor and care coordinator visits, a mother and baby can work with their MCT to have a healthy pregnancy and be empathically supported during the baby’s first years of life. The MAMA’S Visits program can be reached at 1-844-37-MAMAS.
- Home or community-based care and support visits conducted by a Mobile Care Team (MCT) made up of nurses, counselors and care coordinators
- Educational guidance on healthy pregnancies, recovery after birth and attachment and development with baby
- Group educational classes to learn about pregnancy, stress reduction, breastfeeding, parenting and baby bonding, and a baby development
- Linked prenatal care with a doctor at a MAMA’S Clinic and birth planning at a MAMA’S Hospital
- Community referrals to assist with getting WIC, housing, a new job, training or enrolling in school, childcare or preschool, legal support, transportation and other life needs
- Linked connection to advanced health services like psychiatry, substance use support, violence counseling, and high-risk doctors who see pregnant and postpartum mothers that have diabetes and high blood pressure
- Family planning education, support and contraception, if desired
- Mothers’ meet-up socials to celebrate motherhood and build a family
- Medi-Cal eligible or low-income
- Experiencing complex, stressful life circumstances
Length of Program: 12-18 months
The average length of stay for MAMA’s Neighborhood program is 12-18 months.
For more information, click here or please call 1-844-37-MAMAS, your local clinic, or e-mail email@example.com. If you would like to refer a patient, or yourself on our secure portal, please click here.
Be healthy. Call MAMA’S.
dhs content/Home/More DHS/Departments/CHIP/Whole Person Care/Perinatal High Risk/InformationInformation