Whole Person Care - Los Angeles (WPC-LA)
The vision of Whole Person Care – Los Angeles (WPC-LA) is to ensure that the most marginalized Medi-Cal beneficiaries in the County have the resources and support they need to thrive. This innovative five-year pilot brings together health and social service providers across Los Angeles County to build a more community-centered system of care and develop the foundational infrastructure necessary to deliver seamless, coordinated services to Medi-Cal populations.
Our 15 WPC-LA programs will serve high-risk participants in 6 groups:
- Homeless High-risk
- Justice-Involved High-risk
- Mental Health High-risk
- Substance Use Disorder High-risk
- Medically High-risk
- Perinatal High-risk
To learn more about the programs, please refer to the population-specific tabs listed on the left.
Eligibility and Enrollment:
In order to be eligible for WPC-LA programs, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Los Angeles County
- Be a Medi-Cal Beneficiary in an Eligible Medi-Cal Category:
- Full-Scope Medi-Cal (excludes State-Only Medi-Cal categories)
- Medicaid/Medicare dual eligible beneficiaries who are Fee-for-Service Medicare beneficiaries
- Meet the inclusion criteria for one or more of the 15 programs
A Whole Person Care – Los Angeles representative helps determine eligibility based on criteria and places participants into the appropriate program with the participant’s input. WPC staff then reach out to engage the participant.
Types of Services:
While the types and level of services provided vary by program, the general services provided include:
- Care coordination and support
- Navigation to physical and behavioral health services, and
- Referral to social support services, such as housing and placement support services, benefits establishment, transportation, food
The programs are enhanced care coordination services and do not replace other services or referrals.
Whole Person Care – Los Angeles (WPC-LA) works with people who live in Los Angeles County and are eligible for Medi-Cal. For more details on how to refer someone to a specific WPC-LA program, please click here for a copy of the WPC-LA Eligibility and Referral Pathway
dhs content/Home/More DHS/Departments/CHIP/Whole Person Care/Overview/InformationInformation