Office of Nursing Affairs
Helpful Hints for Successful Application Process
DHS content/Home/More DHS/Departments/Office or Nursing Affairs/Nurse Recruitment/Helpful Hints/InformationInformation
The bulletin information is critical to determine your qualifications for the position. You should read and understand the bulletin information prior to submitting your application. Below are a few key areas for you to review and follow.
- Read the bulletin information thoroughly before submitting your application
- Review the following sections:
- Salary Schedules: Minimum and Maximum
- Position/Program Information
- Essential Job Functions
- License(s) Required and Physical Class
- Eligibility Information
- Follow the directions in the following sections:
- Requirements and Special Requirement
- Examination Content
- Application and Filing Instructions
Should you have any unanswered questions, please contact, the Contact person named in the bulletin or our Nurse Recruiters before applying.
Filling out an Application
To successfully submit your application, ensure that you have completed the following steps:
- Fill out your application completely. Do not leave any blank spaces.
- Attach all required documents as described in the Bulletin.
For example: license(s), certification(s) including Basic Life Support certification, degree(s), resume; diploma; awards, etc.
- Ensure that all documents are legible, current, and attached.
- Ensure that your legal name is used on the application and all attached documents.