Contracts and Grants
Contracts and Grants Division (C&G) serves the Department of Health Services, the Board of Supervisors, and the community by providing professional quality contracting through integrity of process and by administering contracts and grants in a fair, efficient, responsive, accurate, and ethical manner.
- Acquisition Consulting: The C&G team provides a remarkable portfolio of contracting professionals with many years of business, human resources and legal experience gained in the public, private and non-profit sectors. C&G is available to all areas of DHS to provide consulting services for the development of acquisition strategies for various services that cannot be otherwise obtained through County resources.
- Competitive Solicitations: C&G centrally coordinates and conducts a variety of complex solicitation processes for services, as well as some commodity and service combinations that cannot be provided through existing County resources, or otherwise procured through DHS Supply Chain Operations or the County’s Internal Services Department (ISD).
- Contract Negotiations: C&G negotiates contracts on behalf of DHS with vendors who were named the winning proposers during a solicitation process; with contractors seeking to amend the terms of an existing contract; and to obtain approval from County Counsel and/or the Chief Executive Office for the use of delegated authority.
- Contract Repository: C&G is the central library of service contracts for DHS. All contracts existing within DHS, including memoranda of understanding are housed at C&G.
- Vendor Relations: C&G provides information for vendors interested in doing business with the County and in particular with DHS and attends vendor fairs and outreach events.
Julio C. Alvarado, Director
dhs content/Home/More DHS/Departments/Contracts and Grants/About Us/Information