College of Nursing and Allied Health
School of Nursing
Mildred Gonzales, PhD, MSN, BSN, RN
Dean and Program Director
The School of Nursing offers an Associate of Science degree in Nursing. Students that complete the program are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Click to access NCLEX PASS RATE
- Basic Registered Nursing
- Advanced Placement for Licensed Vocational Nurses – Option I
- Advanced Placement for Licensed Vocational Nurses Option Il Non-Graduate, 30 unit option
Clinical nursing experiences are conducted at Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) hospitals (Los Angeles County + USC, Olive View-UCLA, Harbor-UCLA Medical Centers, Comprehensive Health Centers and Clinics).
Students are expected to attain the following learning outcomes on program completion:
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate essential competencies when providing client-centered nursing care using the nursing process and evidence-based outcomes to accommodate societal/cultural differences
- Demonstrate professional responsibility and accountability for quality nursing care
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and promote a positive image of professional nursing.