The Department of Health Services Housing for Health (DHS-HFH) COVID Response Teams (CRT) in collaboration with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), the Department of Mental Health (DMH), the Department of Public Health (DPH), and community partners is committed to providing a dynamic array of vaccine education to increase access, address hesitancy, and accelerate LA County’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. This page includes current COVID-19 vaccine information and COVID-19 Safety protocols for people experiencing homelessness and the staff, volunteers, and community partners who work with them. The aim is to provide a myriad of resources to support the overall recovery effort, including information for clients and providers about vaccine education and ways to access available services, and community resources to build back stronger from COVID-19.
RESOURCES FOR CLIENTS
- Printable Materials:
- Vaccine Information Flyer (English)
- Hoja Informativa de Vacunación (Español)
- J&J Vaccine Aftercare Flyer (English)
- Hoja Informativa Sobre Cuidados Post-Vacunación J&J (Español)
- Delta Variant Flyer (English): Front/Back
- Folleto de variante de Delta (Español): Frente/Atrás
- Vaccine Flyer for Clients (English): Front/Back
- Folleto de vacunas para clientes (Español): Frente/Atrás
- Third Dose Postcard (English): Front/Back
- Postal de la tercera dosis (Español): Frente/Atrás
- Children Returning to School
- LAUSD has provided information to support you and your family if you have children returning to in-person learning at schools. Review the three steps to return by clicking here.
RESOURCES FOR HOMELESS SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Printable Materials
- Vaccine Information Presentation
- Countywide Calendar of Events
- A county-wide calendar of vaccination clinics targeting people experiencing homelessness in homeless shelters, Project Roomkey, Project Homekey, and public spaces. This calendar is regularly updated by HFH, City, County, and community partners. *Please note that this calendar replaces the former HFH Calendar of Events document, which is no longer in use.
- HFH Vaccine Map
- Map of the HFH Vaccination clinics in Los Angeles County specifically for people experiencing homelessness, and staff who serve people experiencing homelessness.
- Request a Vaccine Clinic
- Please complete this form if you are interested in requesting a vaccine clinic to administer vaccines for people experiencing homelessness and/or staff to your agency, event, or community. A DHS HFH representative will reach out to speak more about the opportunities upon completion of the form.
- Request a Vaccine Education Presentation for Staff
- Please complete this form to request a team from our Speaker’s Bureau to provide an engaging presentation to your staff on the COVID-19 vaccine and other health measures to keep our homeless services workforce and participants healthy and safe.
- DPH Vaccine Appointment Page
- A county-wide vaccine appointment scheduling page with a list of all the LA County vaccination locations. Children ages 12-17 are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- We Are Resilient
- In this video by Robert Cuadra, in collaboration with community members, leaders, and organizations, the Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission provides a powerful message about unity, resilience, and togetherness in fighting against COVID-19.
- LAPD & Theatre Co discuss vaccinating against COVID-19
- LA Poverty Department and zAmya theater (MN) discuss getting vaccinated against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccinations occur every Wednesday morning between 10 and noon at Midnight Mission.
- LA County Department of Health Services (DHS) COVID-19 Information Page
- COVID-19 recovery resources, videos, and answers to frequently asked questions from DHS.
- mRNA Vaccines Explained
- A five-minute video describing the COVID-19 vaccines and how the mRNA vaccines interact with the body.
- COVID Health Animation Project
- An animation project to fight disinformation, increase knowledge and change behaviors around COVID 19 in underserved communities.
- One Degree COVID-19 Resource Guide
- In partnership with LA’s Department of Public Health, One Degree provides resources related to COVID-19 needs and the COVID-19 vaccine.
- California Endowment
- Downloadable materials in multiple languages, including informational videos, radio public service announcements, a COVID-19 fact sheet, etc.
WAYS TO PRACTICE SELF AND COMMUNITY CARE
- Playful Parenting 24/7: COVID-19 and Beyond
- Parenting resources provided to families with children that focus on positive parent-child relationships and other topics during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Topics include reducing stress and conflict, talking about COVID-19, and more.
- LA Department of Mental Health Resources
- A plethora of resources and materials to address and promote mental health and wellbeing for individuals, families, children, and other groups.
- Why We Rise LA
- A place for communities to explore art, performance, and creative expression to combat stigma and promote the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
- The Wellness Center LA
- The Wellness Center aims to provide culturally sensitive programs to address the root cause of disease to improve the health outcomes for the community and patients.
- Child Mind Institute
- Resources designed to support parents, children, and families during COVID-19 and beyond. Supportive resources include weekly newsletters, remote evaluations and consultations via Telehealth for parenting questions, and Facebook Live video chats with expert clinicians.