In partnership with the L.A. County Department of Public Health, Department of Mental Health, the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, and Chief Executive Office, Housing for Health developed the Countywide COVID-19 response for people experiencing homelessness, including:
- COVID Response Teams (CRTs) deliver infection control education, technical assistance, supplies, and testing to the sheltered and unsheltered homeless population.
- Medical shelters provide care to unhoused individuals who either tested positive for COVID or displayed symptoms and could not safely isolate or quarantine.
- Administration of COVID vaccines to the County’s homeless population.
- 14,326 COVID vaccines administered from July-December 2021
- 1,515 clients served in medical shelter from July-December 2021
- 64,969 COVID tests administered to 21,427 individuals from July-December 2021
- 579,396 meals distributed to unsheltered individuals from July-December 2021