- Licenses private ambulance operators, private ambulance vehicles and ambulette (wheelchair or medical transportation vans) vehicles annually.
- Conducts annual audits of ambulance operators to ensure that operators maintain required State and County licenses, and required insurance minimums, and meets established standards.
- We administer (9) primary (9-1-1) contracts with three (3) providers (AMR 1, McCormick 4, Care4).
- Conducts monthly 9-1-1 response time service audits on the four primary ambulance providers, to ensure contractual compliance under the County.
- Administers Transportation Overflow Agreements for the non-emergency transportation of County responsible patients.
- Periodic review of the general public rates charged by operators to private patient, and modification of these rates based on the Consumer Price Index or Statewide surveys as per the County Code.
- Investigates billing or other service complaints related to the ambulance program.