COVID-19: LA County Pick-up Testing Kit Program
New testing program designed to increase and facilitate access to COVID-19 tests for LA County residents unable to obtain appointments. The Pick-Up Testing Kit program allows residents to pick up a PCR test kit, perform the test and return the completed test to designated sites for processing. Residents will be notified of their test results within 24-48 hours.
Pick-Up Testing Kits will be available without an appointment and until daily supplies are exhausted at designated locations.
Note: The Pick-Up Testing Kit is a PCR test that requires individuals to register online with a smartphone. Follow the instructions inside the package to self-test and return completed test for results. These kits are not rapid test kits. If not feasible, schedule an appointment at one of our testing locations.
Pick-Up Testing Kits are provided at no cost to you if you meet the following criteria:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, OR
- Think you were exposed to COVID-19.
The new Pick-Up Testing Kit program will operate at 13 testing sites across LA County. See below for full listing of locations.
How The “Pick-up Test Kit” Works:
Residents can pick up a Home Test Kits at selected sites, perform the test at home or in their car, and return the completed test with their sample to the same site.
Important: You will need an email account to register your test kit online and receive your results. Guardians or caregivers may order test kits for persons for whom they provide care.
- Register and activate your test kit utilizing the unique link provided on the outside instructions of your Testing Kit Packet.
- Follow instruction on proper sample collection from your nose.
- Drop of the sample at the test site where you picked up your kit.
You will receive your result within 24-48 hours after the lab receives your sample. Fulgent Genetics will send you an email to notify you when your results are ready to view.
- As you wait to receive your test kit results, please be sure to:
- stay at home,
- avoid contact with others,
- wear a mask, and
- wash your hands often.
- The test kit is for immediate use only. You should collect and return your sample within 3-5 days of receiving the test kit.
- There will be no-cost to you. However, we ask that you enter your health insurance information so LA County can get reimbursed for the cost of the test. You do NOT need insurance to get a test kit.
- Please note these testing kits are available to all LA County residents who are experiencing symptoms or believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. The “Pick-Up Testing Kits” are not for use by those testing as requirement to return to school, work or participating in team sports.
- Individuals who need to get tested as part of a work requirement, school requirement or other activities should seek testing via their employer, school district or entity requiring the testing.
Pick-up Testing Kit Locations:
|Memorial Park- Indoor Testing Site||Mon-Sat 8AM-4PM|
|SGV Airport- Drive up Testing Site||Tues-Sat 8:00AM-4PM|
|Wingate Park- Kiosk Testing Site||Mon-Fri 7:30AM-5:30PM|
|MLK- Outdoor Testing Site||Sun-Thurs 8AM-3PM|
|Hellen Keller- Outdoor Testing Site||Mon-Wed 8AM-4PM|
|Plummer Park- Kiosk Testing Site||Tue-Sat 9AM-5PM|
|Boys and Girls Club- Kiosk Testing Site||Tues-Fri 9AM-5PM|
|Poinsettia Park- Mobile Testing Site||Thurs-Sat 8AM-4PM|
|College of the Canyons- Drive up Testing Site||Tues-Sat 7:30AM-4PM|
|Palmdale Hammack Center- Drive up Testing||Mon-Sat 7AM-3PM|
|South Gate Park||Tues-Sat 9:45AM-6:15PM|