Family Medicine Physician
Family Medicine Physician
Health Services is committed to ensuring access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at Health Services facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners.
We are currently seeking dedicated Family Medicine Physician to join our team. Our Senior Physicians provide quality patient centered care in various correctional facilities. In this role, the ideal candidates will partner with a team of devoted physicians to oversee the provision of coordinated medical, behavioral health and substance abuse services to incarcerated individuals.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs medical work in a specialized medical field, including specialized surgical procedures within a specialty field.
- Prescribes drugs and/or therapy; monitors patients’ progress, records observations and changes, and adjusts treatments as required.
- Conducts training or assists in the training of interns and resident physicians.
- Consults with staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding care of patients and medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Provides consultation to other medical services, including specialists in other fields.
- Conducts the more difficult post mortem examinations and may provide training and lead man supervision over other physicians engaged in these activities.
- Confers with medical and professional personnel in such related fields as toxicology in order to discover the main and contributing causes of death.
- Certifies as to the cause of death and testifies in court as an expert witness.
- Performs or assists in carrying out administrative responsibilities which may include such duties as budget preparation for the section, determining equipment and supply needs, carrying out personnel functions, or developing revising work procedures to expedite work load or improve level of service.
- Assists in the planning and direction of health programs within the appropriate specialty.
- Develops new techniques within the medical specialty.
- Maintains varied hours on a rotated schedule with other physicians to ensure that there is always a physician on-call during non-business hours.
- Conducts specialized research, special studies, and services, including preventive and educational strategies.
Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more specialty areas or equivalent training. Equivalent training is defined as that training which the appropriate American Certifying Board formally recognizes in writing as being equivalent.
A license to practice as a Registered Nurse and a certificate to practice as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation plus bonus
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Excellent retirement plan
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Flexible spending accounts
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Substantial time off to complete CME
If you are looking for a rewarding career with an excellent work- life balance than Health Services is the place for you.
dhs content/Home/More Health Services/Departments/Correctional Health Services/Careers/Family Medicine Physician/Information1/Information1Information1