My Health LA
My Health LA (MHLA) provides primary health care at no cost to eligible residents of Los Angeles County. MHLA is not insurance. MHLA is a health care program for the uninsured (and un-insurable) residents of Los Angeles County.
For more information, click here.
Who can get it?
- People who live in Los Angeles County
- Age 19 and older
- Individuals or families with incomes below a monthly limit
- People that do not have health insurance and cannot get health insurance
How much does it cost?
- Primary health care under My Health LA is free.
- There is no cost to apply for My Health LA.
What is required?
- You must live in Los Angeles County.
- You must have an income at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. Click here to see if you meet this requirement (in English) or click on the language of your choice here: Spanish/Armenian/Chinese/Korean/Tagalog/Thai/Vietnamese.
What is covered?
- Ongoing primary care and health screenings
- Health information and advice
- Specialty care at Los Angeles County, Department of Health Services (DHS) clinics.
- Hospital, urgent, and emergency care at Los Angeles County, DHS hospitals.
- Prescription medicines
- Laboratory services and tests
- Alcohol and Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
- Other related health care services
- Read our program fact sheet (in the language of your choice): English/Spanish/Armenian/Chinese/Korean/Tagalog/Thai/Vietnamese.
How do I enroll?
- Visit or call one of the My Health LA Community Partner Clinics to find out if the clinic is accepting new patients. Click here for a complete listing.
- Bring with you a photo ID, proof that you live in Los Angeles County, and something that shows your income like a pay stub or last year’s tax forms.
- Read our enrollment fact sheet (in the language of your choice): English/Spanish/Armenian/Chinese/Korean/Tagalog/Thai/Vietnamese.
Where do I apply?
- My Health LA partners with 210 clinics called Community Partners. To locate a Community Partner clinic near you, click here.
Want more information?
- If you would like to learn more about My Health LA, click here and then select "For MHLA Participants/Para participantes de My Health LA" from the blue buttons.
- If you want to speak with us, contact our My Health LA Member Services Department at 1 (844) 744-6452. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Translation in progress.....