Volunteer at Rancho
Reward yourself and make a difference in the lives of others by becoming a volunteer at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center (Rancho). We depend on our volunteers to keep things running smoothly in many departments throughout the hospital. We will match your interests with the needs of our staff and patients.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are several benefits to volunteering at Rancho:
- Evaluations: volunteers are evaluated by their supervisors to ensure the delivery of top quality performance. Volunteers are rated on attendance, punctuality, attitude toward assigned tasks, relationships with co-workers and patients, ability to make decisions, acceptance of supervision and overall performance.
- Health: volunteers are entitled to a free tuberculosis (TB) screening test. The test will be performed at Occupational Health Services. Annual TB tests are required. Written proof from a private physician will be accepted if the TB test was taken within the year.
- Insurance: as a volunteer, you are indemnified by the County for third-party liability and eligible for accidental death and medical expense reimbursement benefits.
- Meals: volunteers are entitled to a free meal in the cafeteria when working a four-hour shift.
- Parking: a free parking permit will be issued to all volunteers who drive to Rancho.
- Recognition and awards: volunteers are rewarded for their services at Rancho after reaching specific milestones. The volunteer services department presents awards to volunteers at our annual volunteer recognition program.
Departments for Volunteers
There are several departments in need of volunteers:
- Health Sciences Library
- Hospital school
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Speech pathology
- Thrift shop
Duties of Volunteers
Most volunteers assist in:
- Answering phones
- Escorting patients to and from appointments
- Preparing forms and charts
- Record keeping/filing
- Running errands and relaying messages
If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, visit the Volunteer FAQ or contact volunteer services:
Director, Volunteer Services
Phone: (562) 385-7651
Translation in progress.....